MFer Photography

Saturday, August 21, 2010

For the love of Prime

























I have this wonderful little lens. It is an 85mm f/1.4 prime lens. It was a gift. There is a very special story behind this gift that is very personal to the man who gave it to me so I will not elaborate as to why I recieved such an amazing gift but I am doing my best to give justice to the reason for it.










Those who know me well know I am pretty blind without my glasses. This lens is manual focus. This is the ONLY reason I have not used it much since I first received it. I decided to use it on the Engagement shoot I did last month and rediscovered why this is "THE" portrait lens. period. I decided to shoot only with it at the last APG model shoot. Here are the magical headshots taken with that lens from the other night.